Guaranteeing Fair Representation for All
- A true District voting system is long overdue. This will be a continuing goal of my candidacy and, if elected, of my service to the 4th District and to Chatham County
- I will represent the 4th District as a Citizen of Chatham County, working for the common good, while bringing forward the needs and desires of all those in my District.
Protecting the Rights of Property Owners
- I will review the Land Use Plan to determine effectiveness and feasibility, that it is properly applied, AND that the rights of property owners are acknowledged and preserved.
- I will work to establish Agricultural Districts that will keep the farmer farming.
Making our Schools the Best They Can Be
- A multi-pronged effort is needed that involves all stakeholders including:
a) the “Team,” which consists of the students, the teachers, school administrators, and the parents,
b) our elected leaders,
c) developers, and
d) the taxpayers, to successfully educate and graduate competent young adults.
- I will work to develop the trust of the taxpayers, assuring them that their hard-earned education tax dollars are being spent responsibly and are fully accounted for.
- We should design and build schools site-ready for future expansion not if, but WHEN needed.
Building for Tomorrow
- Practical strategic planning will be a valuable tool used to facilitate good management and make the best use of the growth that is coming to the County.
- We need to review and, if necessary, revise the structure, the mission, and goals of the Economic Development Corporation.
- We need to develop a program of support that facilitates and nurtures the growth of local small businesses.
- Residential development that is planned for, managed, and adequately supported will provide communities that our citizens can be proud to live in.
At the Acropolis in 1974,
The Birthplace of Democracy